An 8,000 square foot renovation for the Rochester Institute of Technology School of Photographic Arts & Sciences (SPAS), from November 2020 to present. New spaces and facilities upgrades as part of the renovation include:
- A new professional sound room for recording interviews and audio editing.
- A new motion media room outfitted with high-performance computers for video editing.
- A new 4D media room equipped for the creation of stop-motion video.
- The current student lounge (Airport Lounge) will be transformed into an ultra-modern space — with new furniture and an adjacent study center — for impromptu meetings, working and relaxing.
- Upgrades to the school’s 20 darkrooms, which will be accompanied by a new classroom area for teaching and critiques.
- An upgraded computer lab — complete with enhanced screens, computers and scanning and printing capabilities — for individual work and teaching.
- Expanded footprint to accommodate additional equipment for the school’s Photo Cage, an equipment rental space that offers the latest gear and accessories for checkout.